Parenteral depot formulations are often characterized by a relatively high degree of complexity. Hence, getting formulation and device as well as manufacturing processes right is far from trivial despite the long history in this field dating almost 90 years back to the first protacted insulin protamine formulations.
- Technology landscape for parenteral depot formulations of peptides and proteins
- Driving and blocking factors for making the perfect match between active and sustained release technology
- Strategies for developing parenteral sustained release formulations (drug delivery by design)
- Examples of studies from formulation development
- Future directions within parenteral sustained release of peptides and proteins